As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. LEARN MORE
If you’re experiencing issues with your Oura Ring or want to start fresh with optimal functionality, Reset Oura Ring can help.
After resetting, you can easily optimize your sleep, recovery, and overall health. In this section, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of resetting your Oura Ring.
Follow our Oura Ring reset guide to ensure a successful reset. We’ll provide clear steps and tips to troubleshoot common issues and perform soft and factory resets without losing your data.
With our guide, you’ll learn how to fix the syncing problems, reset your device to its original settings, and refresh it for optimal performance.
Common Issues and Resetting Solutions for Oura Ring
If you’re facing technical difficulties with your Oura Ring, don’t worry. Here are some common issues you may encounter and the solutions to reset them.
Oura Ring Not Syncing
One of the most common issues with Oura Ring is syncing. Here are some tips to fix this:
|Possible CauseSolutionThe Bluetooth function isn’t enabled on your phoneEnable Bluetooth on your phone and try syncing againYour ring isn’t in range of your phoneBring your ring closer to your phone and try syncing againYour phone’s operating system isn’t supportedCheck if your phone’s operating system is supported by the Oura app and update if necessary.
Oura Ring Freezing
If your Oura Ring is freezing, try performing a soft reset. soft reset does not erase any data.
- Remove your ring from your finger
- Place it on the charger and let it charge for 10-15 minutes
- Remove it from the charger and tap the ring gently on a hard surface. This should reset it.
How to Reset Oura Ring
|Remove your ring from your finger and place it on the charger
|Make sure the ring is connected to your phone via Bluetooth and the Oura app is open
|Press and hold the button on your ring for 20 seconds until the LED light flashes red and green
|Your ring will now be reset to factory settings. Follow the setup instructions in the app to begin using it again.
By following these troubleshooting tips and resetting solutions, you can resolve most issues with your Oura Ring and optimize its performance.
How to Factory Reset Oura Ring
If you’re experiencing persistent issues with your Oura Ring, performing a factory reset can help resolve them.
- Make sure your ring is charged. If the battery is dead, your ring won’t reset.
- Place your ring on the charger.
- Open the Oura app on your phone.
- Go to Settings > My Devices.
- Tap on the name of your ring.
- Scroll down and tap on Factory Reset.
- Enter your PIN (if you have one).
- Tap on Reset.
You must start over after performing a factory reset because it will delete all of the information saved on your Oura Ring, including sleep and activity tracking. . However, it can help resolve persistent issues and give your ring a fresh start.
Performing a Soft Reset on Oura Ring
If you’re experiencing minor issues with your Oura Ring, such as unresponsive buttons or problems syncing, a soft reset can help.
This reset method won’t erase any of your data but will refresh your device and resolve any sticking points. Follow the steps below to perform a soft reset:
- Press and hold both the side and button beneath it for 15 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Oura symbol appears on the screen.
- Wait for the ring to vibrate and the symbol to disappear before releasing the buttons.
If you’ve followed these steps and your issues persist, try performing a factory reset instead. This reset will erase all your data, but it may be the only solution to more significant problems.
WHAT DOES THE LED LIGHT ON MY OURA RING MEAN?
The LED light on your Oura Ring can indicate a variety of things, depending on the color and pattern of the light. Here is a brief overview of the different LED light meanings:
- Green Light: Green Light means that your ring is turned on and is ready to use.
- Blinking green light: Blinking green light means that your ring is trying to connect to your phone.
- Solid red light: Solid red light the ring’s battery is running low.
- Blinking red light: This means that your ring is in emergency mode.
- Solid blue light: Blinking red light means that your ring is paired with your phone.
- Blinking blue light: Blinking blue light means that your ring is updating its firmware.
- Solid white light: Solid white light means that your ring is charging.
- Blinking white light: Blinking white light means that your ring is fully charged.
- No-Color: A no-color LED light on your Oura ring means that the charger is off
Troubleshooting Oura Ring Syncing Issues
If you notice that your Oura Ring is not syncing correctly with the Oura app, don’t worry.
This is a common issue that can be easily fixed. Follow the troubleshooting tips below to resolve any syncing issues:
- Make sure your Oura Ring is within range of your smartphone or tablet.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on and your device is paired with your Oura Ring.
- Force quit the Oura app, then reopen it and try syncing again.
- Restart your phone or tablet and try syncing again.
- If you have multiple devices paired with your Oura Ring, try to sync with the correct device.
- Check that you have the latest version of the Oura app and that your device’s operating system is up to date.
- If none of the above solutions work, try resetting your Oura Ring by following the steps outlined in Section 1 of this guide.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you should be able to resolve any issues you may encounter with syncing your Oura Ring. Remember to keep your device updated and perform regular maintenance checks to avoid future problems.
Conclusion: How to Reset Oura Ring
Whether you’re looking to troubleshoot issues or want to start fresh, resetting your Oura Ring can help optimize your sleep, recovery, and overall health.
In this article, we’ve provided a step-by-step guide on resetting your Oura Ring, addressing common issues, performing a factory reset, and troubleshooting syncing problems.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to get your Oura Ring back up and running in no time. Remember to always perform a soft reset before attempting other troubleshooting methods and back up your data before performing a factory reset.
You may also like >>> How To Charge Oura Ring Without Charger?[5 Best Ways]
Stay on Top of Your Health Goals with Oura Ring
The Oura Ring is a powerful tool that can help you track your sleep, recovery, and overall health. You can ensure optimal functionality and accurate data tracking by resetting your device regularly.
Keep this guide handy so you can troubleshoot any issues that may arise and get the most out of your Oura Ring experience.
FAQs: How to Reset Oura Ring
Q: How do I reset my Oura Ring?
To reset your Oura Ring, follow these steps:
1. Open the Oura app on your smartphone.
2. Go to the device settings section.
3. Select “Reset Ring” or a similar option.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
Q: What are some common issues with the Oura Ring, and how can I reset them?
Some common issues with your Oura Ring include syncing problems and technical difficulties. To reset these issues, try the following solutions:
1. Ensure your Oura Ring is appropriately charged and close to your smartphone.
2. Restart your smartphone and the Oura app.
3. Unpair and then pair your Oura Ring again with the app.
4. If the issue persists, perform a soft reset on your Oura Ring then go with a factory reset
Q: How can I perform a factory reset on my Oura Ring?
Performing a factory reset will restore your Oura Ring to its original settings, erasing all personal data and settings. To perform a factory reset, follow these instructions:
1. Open the Oura app on your smartphone.
2. Go to the device settings section.
3. Select “Factory Reset” or a similar option.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the factory reset.
Q. What is a soft reset on an Oura Ring?
A soft reset on an Oura Ring is a way to restart the ring without erasing any data. This can be done by following these steps:
Place your ring on its charger.
Tap the charger firmly and rapidly a few times on a table, keeping the ring in place with the help of your finger.
Wait approximately one minute, then re-open the Oura App to check if the connection is established.
This will restart the ring and may resolve any minor issues that you are experiencing. It will not delete any data or unpair the ring from your phone.
Q. How do I delete data from Oura Ring?
You can request the deletion of your Oura account and all associated data by contacting Oura support. They will review your request and delete your data as soon as possible.
Here are the steps on how to request the deletion of your Oura account:
Go to the Oura support website:
Select “Data protection” from the list of topics.
Select “I want to delete my account” from the list of options.
Fill out the form and provide your contact information.
Oura support will review your request and delete your account as soon as possible.